Monday, November 14, 2011

Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole


So I have finally discovered the great world of Pinterest.com. It took me a while to get the hang of it and now I found that I have a whole new range of recipes to dive into and explore! So this recipe is from that site. It just sounded so unique and yummy- plus me and my husband are huge fans of buffalo wings. So why not give it a try? Turns out, we thought it was great. It is this lovely creamy blend with a hint of buffalo spicey. Then you have your meat and potatos. Wonderful! I served it with salad on the side. It was different than anything we had ever tried before so that was a lot of fun. My husband agrees that this should be something that we add into our list of recipes that we make on a semi-regular basis. I did make one change, I did not use panko because I had to use my own gluten free bread crumbs, but I'm sure the panko tastes wonderful and would give it a nice crunch on top! I also used frozen shredded hashbrowns instead of shredding my own potatoes and it turned out great. I also read on the website that others have used a cream of celery soup instead of chicken so that you have the full buffalo wing experience, but with my husband not being a fan of celery, I went for the cream of chicken. Try it out! :)

Ingredients
1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
1/3 c. Franks buffalo sauce
6 c. potatoes, grated w/ box grater
1 c. light ranch dressing
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
(10 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. panko


Directions
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and buffalo sauce. Spoon into baking dish in a single layer.

In the same bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle panko evenly over the top.
Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.

Gluten free: use GF bread crumbs and cream of chicken soup.

Original recipe from holycannolirecipes.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Another great recipe! You've definitely got some keepers on your blog. Looking forward to more! I am your newest Google Friend Connect follower :)

    Desi @ http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think using frozen hashbrowns may have worked better. it took a lot of cooking for the potatoes to taste done

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I loved these! A favorite in our house. We did use hashbrowns and that worked great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for dinner tonight and loved it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Do I cook the hashbrowns first?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO you cook the hashbrowns or just put them in there frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making this tonight! Thinking about instant mashed potatoes though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you freeze it all before you cook it? I have been doubling recipes so I have one to eat now and freeze one to eat later. Would this recipe work for that?

    ReplyDelete