Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker)


This was by far one of the easiest chili's I have ever made in my life- which is grand. Plus, not only was it easy... it was delicious. Me and my husband both loved it. (Slow cookers are just the best aren't they??) It was my first time eating a chicken chili too. And I loved it! The only change I made to this recipe was that I used Great Northern beans instead of black beans- and only because I prefer the taste. I'm sure either way is just as good! I also doubled the recipe to make more so that we could have left overs. So very good! For a little extra kick, my husband added a pinch of cayenne pepper to his portion and said it was perfect.

I just love when I find recipes like this! Super easy and good. Excellent. :)

Ingredients
1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts

Directions
Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

Gluten free: double check your rotel and ranch dressing and you are set.

*Recipe and photo found on plainchicken.com (one of my fav food sites!), adapted from Tried and Tasty*
Loved this! Thanks again for another wonderful recipe!

3 comments: