Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fiesta Chicken Casserole



This was a nice, creamy, cheesy casserole with just a hint of heat that me and my husband very much enjoyed.  Because I love cheese so much, I may even add some shredded cheese to the cream of chicken soup mixture as well as on top at the end to add some extra cheesiness!  Mmm...  And did I mention how easy this was?  Because I used canned chicken  (that's what I had in my pantry- and tasted just fine to us!), it went so fast.  While I boiled the noodles, I prepared everything else.  Took maybe 10 min.  So great.

Ingredients

2 cups chicken breast grilled & cubed  (I used canned chicken)
2 cups medium shell pasta cooked
2 cups cheddar/jack cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1 can green chilies
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Boil pasta according to package directions.  Combine pasta and cooked chicken in a 9x9 baking dish.  Blend 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can Rotel, 1 can green chilie,s 1/2 cup of milk in separate bowl, then pour over pasta and chicken, stir to combine. Cover with cheese, salt and pepper to taste! Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Gluten free: use GF pasta of choice and GF cream of chicken soup.

Recipe found on pinterest.com.  No other source was listed, but it was pinned as Fiesta Chicken Casserole.

5 comments:

  1. when you say can of rotel, do you mean rotel sauce and then also a can of green chilies? Not a can of rotel with Green chilies?? Please help saw on pinterest and want to make but not sure about the listing of ing.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say can of rotel, do you mean rotel sauce and then also a can of green chilies? Not a can of rotel with Green chilies?? Please help saw on pinterest and want to make but not sure about the listing of ing.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made this but when reading the directions I would assume that she used a can of rotel and then a can of green chilies as well. I think it would be delicious to use Rotel with Green Chilies...and I would even add an additional can of green chilies...we love green chilies in our house! :D

      Delete
  3. I made this for dinner not to long ago and it turned out great! Delicious! I featured the recipe on my blog where I write about trying out ideas I find on Pinterest. Check it out! https://iampinderella.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/chicken-casserole-with-a-kick/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for dinner tonight and, if I hadn't added 1/2 cup too much milk, it would have been perfect. It was delicious in spite of my error. I will definitely make this again.

    ReplyDelete