Friday, August 10, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice




Oh, how I love fried rice.  I order ham fried rice on a regular basis.  Mm mm!!  When I saw this recipe, I was so excited to finally make my own!  (I know, I hadn't made my own yet!  Crazy, right?)  This one used chicken, which I was excited to use and try something a little different in my fried rice.  Well, it turned out fabulous!  Me and my husband gobbled it right up.  Next time, my husband suggested using 3 eggs instead to get more egg flavor, which I think is a good idea.  And I preferred a touch more soy sauce, but I just added it to my own portion because my husband said that it was perfect.  So you can decide for yourself! :)  This is a delicious recipe (and SO easy- took like 10 minutes total), don't pass this one up!

Ingredients

4 cups prepared rice
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
1 cup peas & carrots, frozen
1 small white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
Directions

Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 4 cups cooked rice. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots.
Stir fry until tender. Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan.
Mix soy sauce throughout and remove from heat.


Gluten free: use GF soy sauce, such as La Choy brand.

Recipe found on rachelshultz.com
Photo from indulgy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment