Monday, March 18, 2013

Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Carrots (Slow Cooker)



This is my all-time favorite St. Patrick's Day meal.  I've been eating it this way my entire life.  It's very basic, but had such delicious flavor!  I know other recipes use potatoes, onion wedges, and other ingredients like that, and I'm sure it's delicious as well, but I grew up with a very simple recipe and I like it!

Ingredients
4 lb corned beef brisket with seasonings packet
1 bag baby carrots
4 cups water
1 head of cabbage

Directions
Place the baby carrots on the bottom of your slow cooker, they will be a base for your corned beef so it doesn't dry out while it cooks.  Pour in 4-5 cups of water.  Place the brisket, fat side up, on top of the carrots.  Sprinkle the seasonings packet on top of the brisket.  Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 8 1/2 hours.  An hour before it is done, slice the cabbage into wedges and place in slow cooker around the sides of the brisket.  Cover and cook the last hour.  When done, remove the brisket and slice into  thin slices and enjoy with your veggies on the side!


This recipe is gluten free!


Photo found on kitchengadgetgirl.com

2 comments:

  1. Aha! Finally a gluten free recipe! It is quite a rarity to find a gluten free recipe and having gone through your blog you have just made my day

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, this seems a delicious and healthy St. Patrick's Day meal. Ingredients are simple. And best of all it's gluten free. I would like to share it with my friends:) thanks.

    ReplyDelete