Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole


Me and my husband really enjoyed this dish! Anything creamy and cheesy is good by us! :) Nothing bad to say about it at all. It was super easy to assemble- took no time at all. I used minute rice so that was very easy and quick too. Lovely! The only changes I made were to make it gluten free. I also omitted the milk and just doubled the sour cream because my cream of chicken soup was not condensed, so it was a bit thinner. I used the sour cream to help cream it up a bit. And it worked! Oh, I did add a bit more rice too. I didn't think two cups was enough, so I doubled the rice as well. Over all we were very pleased with this dish. I think it would taste delicious with a monterey jack cheese too. Play around with your white cheeses! Definitely will be making this one again.

Ingredients

2 cups cooked rice
3 cups cooked chicken pieces
6 slices of swiss cheese (the pre-sliced squares)
10 slices of cut up ham
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
10 saltine crackers
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. parsley

Directions

Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.

Now the layers:
1) Rice
2) Chicken
3) Swiss cheese
4) Ham
5)Combine the cream of chicken soup, milk and sour cream, then spread on top of the ham.
6) Crush saltines and add the paprika, garlic salt, and parsley, mix. Sprinkle on top of the soup mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Gluten free: use GF cream of chicken soup and crackers. I used the Glutino plain crackers.

Original recipe from: organizeyourstuffnow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment