Friday, April 27, 2012

Alfredo Potatoes

Me and my husband absolutely loved these!! They were super quick, with just microwaving the potatoes too. We served them as our main dish, with a side of corn, green salad, and garlic toast. They were very filling and delicious. I couldn't get enough. I refused to leave even a drop on my plate, even though I was so full. Oh so good. I added a tad more (maybe 1/2 cup) of the alfredo sauce, and sprinkled some onion salt in also. We were just loving all of the flavor! I hope you enjoy them as well too!

Ingredients
2 large baking potatoes
1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions
Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.

Gluten free: use a GF alfredo. I used Classico brand.

Recipe found on tasteofhome.com

No comments:

Post a Comment