Monday, April 16, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham (Slow Cooker)


I got this recipe from one of my mom's neighbors several years ago and it is one that I make on a regular basis now! I love it. And what a great way for me to use my left over Easter ham too. It is delicious and easy. I also adapted it this last weekend to be even EASIER. And it turned out just as good, if not better in my opinion. I will first give you the original recipe and with my subtle changes to the side. I hope it doesn't get too confusing, if it does, just leave me a comment to clarify and I would be happy to do so! Happy slow cooking! :)

Ingredients
7 cups sliced potatoes (I used two bags of Simply Potatoes- cubed potatoes with onion)
3 cups cubed ham
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups diced onion (I omitted this last time because there was already onion with my packaged potatoes)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 2.5 oz. can of sliced mushrooms
2 tsp parsley

Directions
Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Then layer your ingredients (Half of the ham, potatoes, onion, cheese- repeat layer with remaining half of ingredients). Once you are done layering your ingredients, in mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, undrained can of mushrooms, and parsley. Spoon evenly over the top of your layered ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir to mix ingredients and serve.
Makes great left overs!

Gluten free: use GF cream of mushroom soup.

Enjoy!! I know I always do! :)

Image from tablespoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment