Monday, April 30, 2012
French Toast Bake
Oh this was fantastic. Me and my husband absolutely loved this sweet, warm, buttery goodness. And it takes hardly any time to prepare. Took me maybe 10 minutes is all. Put it in the fridge the night before and then take it out and bake when you are ready to eat in the morning. Oh so easy. And it is sooo good. Just a side note: if you forget to make it the night before, as long as it has time to sit and chill in the fridge for at least an hour, then that's better than nothing. I've made it that way before as well and it still turns out great.
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup
Gluten free: use GF bread of choice. I just used my Udi's brand sandwich bread and it turned out great.
Recipe and photo from vippins.com
Posted by Tasty Tidbits at 9:11 AM