Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beef Tortilla Stack



This is a recipe I have grown up eating my entire life.  And it is so simple and delicious!  I just made it again this past weekend, and decided to share!  I hope you enjoy as well!

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
12 corn tortillas
1 14. oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 large can sliced olives
Shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)


Directions
Brown your meat in a skillet.  Once cooked through, add tomato sauce and chili powder and remove from heat.  Layer the ingredients in a 6 inch round baking dish.  Layers: 3 tortillas, meat sauce, olives, cheese and repeat until the ingredients are gone, ending with cheese on top.  (I usually end up with about 3 layers.)  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 


I like to serve this dish with sour cream, guacamole, and shredded lettuce and eat it almost like a taco salad.  Sooo yummy!  You can also substitute the beef for ground turkey or shredded cooked chicken.  I have tried both ways and they are both very good and much lighter as well!  In fact, I think me and my husband prefer them now over the beef!

Also, this recipe is GLUTEN FREE!  Wahoo!  Just double check your corn tortillas.  Mission brand has a yellow corn tortilla that actually says "gluten free" on the back of the package, just FYI.

Photo from simplytoogood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment