Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken



I love this recipe.  It's been in my family for years.  It doesn't call for very many ingredients and it is so incredibly easy.  Not only that, but it never fails to hit the spot when I make it.  Me and my family love this dish!  I often double it as well, if I am having a group of people over, or I just want some left overs for the week. :)

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place uncooked chicken breasts in an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.  In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, soup, and italian dressing mix.  Blend well.  It won't come out perfectly smooth with the cream cheese, but trying to get it as smooth as you can.  It usually takes me 2-3 minutes of blending.  Then pour mixture over chicken breasts.  Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour (or longer depending on your oven).

Serve over white rice.


Gluten free:  use GF cream of chicken soup and double check your italian dressing mix (I usually use a Kroger brand).


Photo from onceamonthmom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment