Sunday, September 4, 2011

Salsa Chicken


This week, at my book club dinner, I decided to try something new, but it had to be super easy because I didn't have a lot of time. I found this one and was so excited to give it a shot! I followed the recipe almost exactly and thought it was great. (The only changes I made were I sprinkled taco seasoning on each side of the chicken breasts instead of using 4 tsp. I just eyeballed it...so I probably added more than what it called for, but I like flavor!) My two guests who had it as well said they enjoyed it too. My mom also made this for their family and my little brother said he LOVED it. :)

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)


Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
2.Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3.Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
4.Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
5.Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.

I served this with Spanish Rice and corn on the cob. Yummy!

(Gluten-free: just make sure your taco seasoning is gluten free as well as your rice, other than that you are set!)

Original recipe from allrecipes.com

2 comments:

  1. Tried This, it was good! I do a similar one in crock pot for four hours the only difference is that I add 1 can of cream of chicken mixed with salsa. You way is a little healthier and tasted just as good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Ohh and I will have to try your way with the cream of chicken mixed in too. That sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete