Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Fudge


It's that time of year when I start craving pumpkin. I love it! I came across this recipe and had to try it. Of course, it was my first time making fudge EVER, so I had my mom come over to supervise me and make sure I didn't ruin anything. Overall it is very easy. You just have to follow the recipe to a T. Exact measurements and times. You can't flounder with fudge...it is very picky I hear. It came out well, especially for my first time! And it has great flavor. Tastes like pumpkin pie fudge. This is probably because I swapped cinnamon for pumpkin spice instead. I'm sure it is great either way. I just like pumpkin spice. :) If you have never made fudge before either, don't fear, this recipe really isn't hard at all. It moves fast, so definitely have all of your ingredients measured and ready to go once you start. It also cools and hardens quickly too so you can eat it that much faster! :) Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup white chocolate chips
7 ounces marshmallow creme
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.
In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.
Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.

This recipe is Gluten free! Wahoo!

Original recipe from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment