Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vegetable Cheese Soup

This was a delicious, creamy, cheesy soup that me and my husband really liked. And it was so simple. While one thing was simmering, I was chopping my veggies, or prepping for the next step in the recipe. It was great. I didn't waste any time. I used the pre-cubed Simply potatoes with onion and that was just one less step for me to have to do as well! I added a bit of extra cayenne also because I liked the flavor it was giving the soup! I hope you enjoy this one as well!

Ingredients
2 (10 3/4 oz) can of chicken broth
2 tsp or 2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 onion, diced
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
2 cups diced potatoes
1/4 cup butter
2 cups milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup flour
dash of cayenne pepper
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions
1. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, bouillon, and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the celery, carrots, and butter. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
3.Add the potatoes and simmer until tender – about 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and flour together until smooth.
Gradually add the milk mixture to the vegetable mixture stirring constantly.
Add shredded cheese and cayenne. Blend until cheese in melted. Serves 6. Gluten free: skip the bouillon, or if you can find a GF one then that's great! maybe just add some garlic salt to give it some extra salt flavor instead. Also use GF all purpose flour blend.

Recipe and photo from realmomkitchen.com

1 comment:

  1. This Vegetable cheese soup looks incredibly easy. Mouth watering cheese soup recipe ... i love cheese

    ReplyDelete