Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole


Meat and potatoes...can't go wrong with that! :) This was so easy to make, with a very tasty result. Definitely your good ol' reliable comfort food! I loved using tater tots instead of your average potato. I baked mine a bit longer to get my tater tots more crispy so that they wouldn't get too soggy with all that cheese on top and it was perfect. I did not change anything with this recipe except I did use Gluten free cream of chicken soup (and I doubled it). That's it! Definitely give this one a shot if you just want something basic and yummy for dinner. I served this with corn on the side and a good roll. Yum yum!

Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 16oz package frozen tater tots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown ground beef then season with salt & pepper.

Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
In a casserole dish, combine ground beef mixture & cream soup.
Top mixture with tater tots.

Bake , uncovered, for 30-40 minutes (I did 40-45) till bubbly and Tots are golden brown.
Remove from oven & top with cheese, return to oven until melted.


Gluten free: use GF cream of chicken or celery soup and double check your tater tots.

*Recipe and photo from cravingcomfort.blogspot.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment